Monday, March 22, 2010

Granny Square Afghan


It has taken me most of the winter to crochet this granny square afghan. It is made from washable Merino wool, which is so soft and so warm, but very expensive. I purchased the yarn from Knit Picks. It is the swish DK yarn in nutmeg and heather lemongrass.

It took me about half an hour to crochet each granny square. Then I sewed them together using a yarn needle. When you sew them together you place the right side together and whip stitch through only the outside loops. The way I tell which is the right side and which is the wrong side, is that the right side puffs out farther. Also the stitching is more prominent along the edge of the wrong side.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice colors you chose there. Good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey do you have any of the nutmeg left, I desperately need 1 skein! They are not selling anymore I am short! pls email me! @ boring4ever@hotmail.com....nice afghan BTW

    ReplyDelete